Sunday 21 July 2013

Some thoughts on blogging

So, I started this blog a while a go and thought I would blog about crafting, thrift and my attempts to move away from consumerism.

Noble pursuits and all things I am particularly interested in.

The first thing I noticed was that blogging takes time.

The second thing I noticed was that I don't craft very often, I'm not living to a tight budget financially, although I should be, and finally, I have a penchant for buying books.

I would set myself targets. No spending this month, no perfumes from ebay, no sneaky trips to Oasis, no non food items in my Marks and Spencer basket. And you know, sometimes I would be good. But there was never a month that went by when I didn't slip the odd book on to the end of an Amazon order or purchase an iTunes or Kindle book. They were my wee treat. They 'didn't really count' as shopping.

Because I love reading. And I love books. And I ain't gonna change. I'm never only gonna buy books when I need them. I'm never gonna walk past a bookshop. I'm never going to not be reading something.

When reading the fabulous Refashionista blog (treat yourself if you don't know it), I was struck by her tips for writing a good blog. Her advice was to write about what you do and what you love.
I realised that there is no point in blogging about crafting if I don't do it very often.

I have two year old twins, there isn't time for much, but I make time to read. So that is what I am going to blog about. Books, reading, bookshops, writers, the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment